We are huge garlic fans, so I thought slices instead of crushed would be a nice change. The garlic pieces become a little crispy, which adds nice texture to the dish and the flavor is incredible. The crushed red pepper gives this dish a little kick as well. All together, this becomes the perfect topping for ravioli, or any pasta really.
Ravioli with Roasted Zucchini
Yields 4 servings
4 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pound fresh cheese or spinach ravioli
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and crushed red pepper.
- Add zucchini, garlic and 3 tablespoons cheese to oil mixture and toss until thorougly coated.
- Place zucchini mixture in a single layer on a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, within the last 5-10 minutes of baking time, add ravioli to boiling water and cook per package directions (or 3-5 minutes until they float). Drain and place in large bowl.
- Toss ravioli gently with roasted zucchini and garlic, half the parsley, and half of the remaining cheese. Serve immediately, topping with remaining parsley and cheese.