Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pancakes are an easy, healthy, delicious breakfast treat that taste like oatmeal raisin cookies. Yum! They are made with the hearty goodness of oatmeal and whole wheat flour, sweetness from brown sugar and raisins and buttermilk, which of course makes everything good.
The first morning after I made these, Adam polished off six pancakes. In fact, he ate that first batch so quickly, I wasn't able to get any pictures. Because he loved them so, I made another batch a couple days later. Fortunately, one afternoon I found myself with three pancakes and a good napper, so I was able to quickly snap some pics to share this wonderful recipe with you!
*** TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE $50 WILLIAMS-SONOMA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY. GO HERE TO ENTER! ***
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pancakes
Yields 4 to 6 servings
2 cups quick oats
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raisins
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and buttermilk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- After 5 minutes, add eggs, oil and vanilla to buttermilk mixture, whisking until combined.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moistened (Note: batter may be lumpy). Add raisins, folding until combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat nonstick skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter onto skillet by the 1/4 cupful (adjust to desired size) (Note: If batter is a little thick, use the back of your spoon to spread/shape the pancakes). Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges look set. Flip pancakes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.