These S'more Muffins are everything you love about a s'more baked up in a tasty little breakfast treat. These are made with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and lots of miniature marshmallows. The marshmallows in the actual muffin melt into the muffin, while the marshmallows on top get sticky and gooey. The buttermilk lends a moist crumb to these muffins and a bit of brown sugar deepens the flavor.
I recommend not using muffin liners with these, as these muffins live up to the reputation of the campfire treat and can be sticky. I just used baking spray (the cooking spray that has flour) and let the muffins cool in the pan long enough. They came out perfectly. These S'more Muffins are moist and delicious and a fun way to start any morning!
Yields 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 sheets)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Add buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, stirring gently until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Top with remaining marshmallows (2-3 marshmallows per muffin).
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before gently removing from pan. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.