S'mores are one of my favorite treats, so various s'more-inspired goodies are always popping up in our kitchen. These S'more Blondies have all the yummy goodness of a s'more in a delicious, layered bar cookie. The bottom layer is a soft and chewy graham blondie. The graham layer is topped with chocolate bars, which are then covered with a layer of marshmallow creme. A little reserved graham blondie dough is sprinkled over the marshmallow layer. They are quick and easy, and with no fire or twig required, these S'more Blondies are ideal for any potluck or picnic, rain or shine, or simply because you're craving a s'more!
Yields 16 bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (approx 6 3/4 graham crackers)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Unwrap candy bars.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until combined. Reserve 1/2 cup to use for topping.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan. Place candy bars over crust.
- Spread marshmallow creme over candy bars. (Tip: Spray your spoon or rubber spatula with cooking spray before spreading the marshmallow creme and you won't end up with a sticky mess!)
- Tear small-ish pieces of remaining graham cracker mixture and sprinkle over marshmallow layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Put pan on wire rack to cool completely and then cut into bars.